When most people try to do things on their own, they may be successful up to a point. However, when it comes to overcoming an addiction or managing a mental health disorder, sometimes, it is better to work with other people. One way that you can do this is by attending group therapy here at Recovery by the Sea.
Our RBS Rehab team believes that group therapy can help you to live a positive, healthy recovering lifestyle in so many ways.
Do you want to know more about the use of group therapy in addiction and mental health treatment centers? If so, keep reading here today.
Group Therapy Primary Objectives
If you were to attend our group therapy sessions, you would be able to participate in the many primary objectives we have at our treatment center. Some of the objectives that are top priority in our group therapy sessions include:
- Pursuing a life of happiness, excitement, health, serenity, and strength
- Taking part in healthy social interactions
- Working through recovery topics to help you create a positive lifestyle
- Creating healthy behaviors with a basis of the 12 steps
- Creating a solid recovery foundation
- Helping and encouraging each other to continuously work on recovery
- Supporting one another while dealing with various issues in life
- Being able to turn to each other as support when things don’t go as planned
- Having other people to congratulate you when you accomplish goals throughout your treatment program
- Working together to utilize recovery tips and techniques
- Not having to feel lonely anymore
- Holding each other accountable in recovery
Now that you have read these primary objectives, doesn’t it seem like group therapy would be good for your recovery? If so, and you want to add this to your addiction or mental health disorder treatment plan, let us know today.
Main Benefits of Our Group Therapy Service
If you are looking for the best treatments for addiction or mental health disorders, you don’t have to look any further. Our group therapy service is a treatment option that can benefit you significantly. Some of the main benefits of this service include:
- Getting all the support needed during your treatment program
- Getting opportunities to talk to others who are in recovery
- Dealing with issues and obstacles alongside others who are in the same spot as you are
- Learning tips from other people who are overcoming a mental health disorder or addiction
- Being there for one another as empowering, self-dedicated individuals
- Creating healthy friendships that you can carry with you after the treatment program is over
- Connecting on a deeper level than you are used to
Now that you read these benefits, you can see why our team encourages people to attend group therapy sessions. We believe that adding this service to an addiction or mental health disorder treatment plan can give people the support they need to maintain a positive, healthy recovery.
Things to Expect at Our Group Therapy Sessions
Knowing the benefits of group therapy is great. However, it is also crucial that you know what you can expect from our Recovery by the Sea group therapy sessions. Some things you can expect include:
- Always feeling free to talk about anything with no judgment
- Receiving support from the therapist and having them guide the group
- Allowing others to offer you advice, especially when they have dealt with something similar
- Being open about what you have gone through and allowing others to empathize with you
- Letting the therapist teach the group about common recovery-related topics
- Going to sessions always prepared to participate and engage with other group members
- Looking at each group therapy session with a positive, learning mindset
- Be ready to ask questions (doing this allows you to learn more from each session)
These are some of the main things that you can expect when you attend group therapy sessions here at Recovery by the Sea. If you would like to learn even more about these expectations or any other aspect of our group therapy service, please reach out to us right away. The sooner you do so, the sooner you can get all the information needed about group therapy in addiction and mental health disorder treatment programs.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means